Computer Science Accelerator Programme
A flexible and bespoke programme to equip teachers with the knowledge required to teach GCSE computer science.
The programme offers:
• the pedagogical knowledge required to teach GCSE computer science, regardless of a teacher’s existing subject knowledge, with topics including Python programming and cybersecurity
• flexible learning and personalised professional development delivered through a combination of face-to-face and online courses
• generous bursaries to support teachers’ participation in face-to-face CPD
• access to free online courses, enabling you to learn at a time and place that suits you
• free, quality assured resources to help you plan, deliver and assess learning
• regionally delivered CPD (Regional Delivery Partners, Computing Hubs) and local CAS communities of practice so you can network with other computing educators
• expertly-designed content with a focus on developing knowledge of the entire GCSE curriculum and encouraging inclusive teaching practices
• links with industry partners to bring the computing curriculum to life in the classroom
Am I eligible for the Computer Science Accelerator Programme?
Any teacher can access the Computer Science Accelerator Programme. Computing teachers with no relevant post A level qualification from an English state-funded school can access funding up to £880 to cover your course and supply costs.
Is there any certification for the Computer Science Accelerator Programme?
Our nationally accredited certificate is highly personalised and will take up to six months to complete, with multiple courses to choose from, both face-to-face and online.
To be awarded a National Centre of Computing Education certificate in GCSE subject knowledge a teacher will need to:
• complete 40 hours of CPD, including at least two face-to-face courses
• participate in at least two online courses, around 16 hours in total
• register for and complete a short subject knowledge test
• keep the National Centre updated with their progress
Find your nearest face-to-face CPD course here